As an entrepreneur, I know that the key to success is focus. Whether you spend time playing games, watching TV, surfing the internet, or doing anything that doesn’t keep you focused on your goals. Your productivity will suffer. Many people struggle with staying focused on what they are working on because they have so many distractions in their modern lives. Here are some tips on staying focused and getting things done in a world that doesn’t want you to.
1. Switch up your environment. If you usually work in your home office or living room, try working in other rooms around the house. Doing so will change your scenery and keep distractions outside of your workspace.
2. Balance your devices. I have three laptops, a phone, and a tablet that I use for work, so my mind doesn’t get overwhelmed with too many things to do. Make sure you have a few dedicated devices for work each day, so you don’t become overwhelmed with all of these distractions.
3. Turn off notifications on your phone, tablet, and laptop. Sometimes just being aware of new things happening in social media or email will make you stop working altogether to check it out.
4. Go for a walk. It’s always refreshing and keeps your brain thinking in new ways.
5. Don’t start a new project until you finish with your current one. When you have too many things going on at once, it’s easy to jump between projects. And your excuse is I just have so much to do. So finish something up before moving your focus to your next task or project.
6. Get a schedule. The more organized you are with your time, the better at staying focused you’ll be.
7. Keep yourself away from all distractions. If you’re stuck in a dead-end situation or bored, look for new things to do that will help you keep focus. This way, your brain can concentrate on what it needs to do instead of wasting time doing things that aren’t productive.
8. Use the Pomodoro Technique. This technique helps you stay focused by breaking down your work into chunks and setting a timer for the length of that chunk. Then you can take a short break when you finish that time to rest your mind before continuing. You can do this for as long or as little as you need. It will help keep your eyes from turning back to distractions every few minutes because you’ll be busy with things to do that will keep your brain occupied.
9. Go to sleep earlier. You can knit your brain for the day if you keep it awake by staying up too late and doing too much. It’s a lot easier to stay focused if you’re not tired and have been working all night.
10. Keep yourself from going insane by remembering how close you are to finishing your current task.
“I hope you enjoyed this article on how to avoid distractions and focus on your work. If you found the article helpful, please share it with others who may need some help staying focused.” As always, I welcome your questions, thoughts, and suggestions. Please post them in the comments section below, and let’s get the conversation flowing.
Until next time, keep on keeping on,